- gold plated brass earrings
- *ear posts are gold plated sterling silver
- 10mm x 32mm
All Merewif gold plated jewelry is 100% brass with sterling silver ear posts beneath the gold plate. We use a much thicker gold plate than the industry standard, and once the pieces are plated, a protective finish is added to prolong the life of the gold plate. There is no nickel in any of our materials. Our gold plated jewelry should hold its plating for years if the wearer takes proper care of the piece.
To prolong the life of your gold plated and gold filled pieces, we recommend removing your jewelry when doing the following:
- swimming (chlorine and salt can affect plating over time), showering, or washing your hands
- applying lotions, oils, perfumes, etc.
- cleaning, especially with harsh chemicals
- rings when getting a manicure and necklaces/earrings when having hair treated
Do not use jewelry cleaner on plated items. You can polish these pieces with a damp cloth.